Saturday, November 21, 2009

How will I know?

There is this boy that I have liked for a year now, and the way he acts around me is different than he acts around everyone else - always touchy feely, picks me up in hugs, calls me babe, tells me I look good through texts but not in person. He knows I like him. He told me that he was flattered. But he is a major flirt and I have no idea if I'm getting played.

I followed up with this questioner and found out that she is 21 yrs. old. 

You have liked this guy for an entire year and all you have are some occasional hugs and some flirtatious texts now and again?  I don't see how you are getting played because there's not a whole lot happening!   He knows you like him, he says he's flattered, but here's the reality- he's just not interested in moving things forward.

Don't waste any more of your energy trying to figure out what's going on.  Continue to be friendly with him, but let the texting fade out and continue living your life with your existing friends.  Shop around for someone else to flirt with- someone who clearly reciprocates your interest.  There's no reason to continue waiting for some concrete sign of something that is just. not. there.   I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments